Webinar on names and calendars in German family research on the webpage of Legacy Family Tree Webinars/MyHeritage
We are delighted that Andrea Bentschneider has again given a webinar for MyHeritage on Legacy Family Tree Webinars. On Wednesday, 26 August 2020, 11:00 a.m. German time, she talked about “Namen und Kalender in der Ahnenforschung” (names and calendars in genealogical research). The webinar was held in German.
Did you ever wonder where surnames came from and maybe what your own name means? Or did you ever stumble across strange and unfamiliar dates in old German church books or documents? If you also understand German, then this webinar might be interesting for you. These topics can certainly be confusing as we see every day.
For example, do you know what patronymic names are or what it means, if someone is called “Meier genannt Müller” (Meier called Müller)? Andrea Bentschneider gave an overview on various kinds of names and pointed out some regional differences. She also explained different calendars you can come across, if you are doing family research in Germany.
You were not able to watch the webinar live? Then you still have the chance to watch it here (free of charge).
- Link to the webinar on the website of MyHeritage (in German)
- Link to the webinar on the website of Legacy Family Tree Webinars (in German)
- Link to an overview of Andrea Bentschneider’s presentations and webinars
- Andrea Bentschneider at the second “The 24-Hour Genealogy Webinar Marathon” hosted by Legacy Family Tree Webinars and MyHeritage
- Webinar on paths around the brick wall in genealogical research for MyHeritage
- Second part of the Webinar on genealogy for beginners on the webpage of Legacy Family Tree Webinars/MyHeritage
- Webinar on genealogy for beginners on the webpage of Legacy Family Tree Webinars/MyHeritage
- Webinar on emigration from Germany on MyHeritage