Andrea Bentschneider at the 43rd IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy in London
This year, the 43rd IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy takes place in London between 30 Jul and 03 Aug 2023. Andrea Bentschneider will be there as a speaker with two very interesting lectures.
The annual conference is hosted by the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies (IAJGS) and is this year co-hosted by the Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain (JGSGB). It is 5 days packed full of interesting lectures on all things Jewish Genealogy. At the Resource Room you can also access a wide variety of genealogical databases, many usually not freely available. And of course there will be an exhibitor hall, too.
Andrea Bentschneider will give the following two lectures:
- "Jewish Reasearch in Northern Germany" on Monday, 31 Jul 2023, 08:30 a.m (London time):
Find out about Jewish genealogical sources in the German area from the Netherlands in the west to Denmark in the north and Poland in the east. A special focus is placed on the extensive records from the Jewish communities in Hamburg (and surrounding states) archived in the Hamburg State Archives.
- "Emigration from German ports in the 19th and 20th century – Causes, Conditions and Certificates" on Wednesday, 02 Aug 2023, 08:30 a.m. (London time):
This lecture gives a historical outline of German emigration as well as the reasons for it, one being the Jewish pogroms in Russia in the 1890s. Crucial aspects of the emigration are pointed out and the various sources for researching the emigrants will be presented, among them special lists about Jewish emigrants from the port of Hamburg and other sources to find emigrant ancestors who do not show up in the well-known passenger departure lists.
There is certainly a lot to discover and you can meet many interesting people – we very much hope to see you there. If you do not yet have a ticket, you can buy one here.
And we also have prepared a special offer for you on this occasion. Only until 13 August 2023, you have a chance to secure 10% off a Beyond History research package (10 research hours or more). Find out more here.
- Our special offer for IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy
- 43rd IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy
- Andrea Bentschneider at the 43rd IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy
- International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies
- Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain
- Overview of presentations by Andrea Bentschneider on our website