Andrea Bentschneider at RootsTech 2022
RootsTech is the world’s largest family history conference. As in 2021, the conference will in 2022 again be completely virtual and free of charge. And Andrea Bentschneider will be one of the speakers this year - with several sessions.
There will be sessions in English by her on the following 3 topics:
- Emigration from Hamburg and Bremen in the 19th & 20th Century (2 parts)
- Genealogy sources and archive research in Germany (Genealogical research in Germany, 3 parts)
- How can a professional genealogist help with researching my German ancestors?
If you want to learn about emigration from Germany (with historical background and research possibilities), German genealogical sources (also beyond civil records and church books) or the possibilities that professional genealogists can offer their customers, you are exactly right here.
The sessions can be viewed during RootsTech from 03 to 05 March 2022, but also afterwards - completely free of charge. You can register here.
In addition, RootsTech offers more than 1,500 sessions on wide-ranging genealogy topics in various languages from (and for everyone) around the world. They can be followed on-demand or partly via live streams. There will be chat and networking opportunities and a virtual Expo Hall in which companies and institutions from all over the world can be found - amongst others this year the Association of German-speaking Professional Genealogsits of which Andrea Bentschneider is the chairperson. So you can find practically everything a genealogist's heart desires.
For those interested in potentially hiring a professional genealogist, the two Q&A sessions on "Working with a professional genealogist" on 04 March at 10:00 p.m. and 05 March at 08:30 p.m. German time may also be of interest. On both dates, Andrea Bentschneider will be amongst the professional genealogists available to answer questions.
We look very much forward to "seeing" you at RootsTech!
- Session Emigration from Hamburg and Bremen in the 19th & 20th Century - part 1: The mass migration from Hamburg and Bremen
- Session Emigration from Hamburg and Bremen in the 19th & 20th Century - part 2: How to Find Your German Ancestor’s Home Town
- Session Genealogy sources and archive research in Germany - part 1: German church books and civil records
- Session Genealogy sources and archive research in Germany - part 2: Other interesting sources
- Session Genealogy sources and archive research in Germany - part 3: The German Archive System
- Session How can a professional genealogist help with researching my German ancestors?
- Booth of the Association of German-speaking Professional Genealogsits at RootsTech 2022
- Q&A - Working with a professional genealogist on 04 March 2022, 10:00 p.m. German time
- Q&A - Working with a professional genealogist on 05 March 2022, 08:30 p.m. German time
- Website of RootsTech
- YouTube announcement RootsTech 2022
- Overview of presentations by Andrea Bentschneider on our website